Sunday, October 16, 2011

Get your game face on

Just got back from a session of Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition, a game I've been playing since its release 3 years ago, and am still not bored of yet :D

Usually I'm the DM; for some readers I'll clarify this as Dungeon Master, analogous to a referee. Today, however, I was a player, controlling an elf warlord (elves are not the fairy kind but more like those of Tolkien, and a warlord is a type of character who acts like a commander and cheerleader for the other players' characters). I came in as a 'guest star' portraying the long unseen older half-brother of the group's half-elf ranger. So we had plenty of good banter.

What made it even more fun is that I got to be a character in the continuing world I'd been running. It was interesting and amusing to see and hear Rev Rosey's take on the setting and the various creatures we encountered. Here's how we left things at the end of play: our heroes are investigating the disappearance of a dark elf trade caravan, but now find themselves confronting said dark elves (who are actually being mind controlled)...

No comments:

Post a Comment